Calling all photography enthusiasts!
On 19th August photography lovers across the globe will be celebrating World Photography Day. To celebrate the event, we invite you to embark on a visual journey that captures the essence of holidays. It’s time to showcase the magic of unforgettable experiences and breathtaking moments through your lens.
Theme: Holidays – Holidays are cherished moments that allows you to rejuvenate and create lasting memories. Whether it’s a festive family gathering, a serene beach escape, or an exploration of cultural landmarks in a local or foreign city, these experiences enrich our lives and inspire us to see the world differently. We encourage you to share your photographic stories that encapsulate the joy, wonder, and beauty of holidays.
Photo: St Margaret’s Bay, Kent – Captured by James McCrossan, Individual Cases Officer NGSU
- NGSU Member – You must be a member of NGSU
- Photographs must be original: Your submissions should be authentic, taken by you, and not previously published or awarded in any other competitions.
- Relevance to the theme: Ensure your photographs clearly portray the essence of holidays, capturing the moments that made your experience special and unforgettable.
- Submission Limit: Only one entry per member.
- NGSU Travel Club Newsletter: You must subscribe, or be subscribed to NGSU Travel Clubs newsletter (Provided by Benchmark Travel) for your entry to be valid. You can subscribe by clicking the following link – www.ngsutravelclub.co.uk/ and scrolling to the bottom of the page.
- Duration: Entries must be submitted by 5pm on Thursday 31st August with the Winner and Runner-up being announced in September’s Union Mail.
How to enter:
- Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your Name, membership number (P Number), and contact telephone number within the email
- Include a description of the photo, when and where was it taken.
- Remember to sign up to the NGSU Travel Club Newsletter as detailed above! Your entry will be not be valid if you are not signed up. Please provide the email address used to register for the Travel Club newsletter when sending in your photo; this will enable us to check eligibility for the competition. Personal details of the winner of the travel voucher will be shared with the Travel Club, to enable them to provide the voucher.
Judging and Prizes: Once the competition closes, the NGSU Team will vote for their favourite photo and the top 2 photos will receive the following prize.
- 1st Prize: £250 NGSU Travel Club Voucher
- 2nd Prize: £100 Gift Voucher (winner will be able to choose from a variety of providers)
Share the Joy of Holidays: Beyond the competition, your participation will help us create a captivating gallery that celebrates the beauty of holidays worldwide. Selected photographs may be featured on our website (Including NGSU Travel Club’s Website), social media platforms, or future promotional materials.
Join the Celebration: Grab your camera and relive those cherished moments spent on holidays. NGSU’s holiday-themed competition is an opportunity to connect through the magic of visual storytelling, share your joy with the world, and inspire others to celebrate the beauty of holidays.
£250 Travel Voucher – Terms & Conditions
- The prize is a £250 travel voucher towards any holiday or tour booked through Benchmark Travel, which can be added to at the winners own expense.
- The prize must be booked through Benchmark Travel
- Holiday must be booked by 31st Dec 2023
- Holiday must be taken by 31st Dec 2024
- Prize may not be transferred to anybody else
- No cash equivalents
- Should the cost of the holiday below less than £250 there will be no cash reimbursement
- This voucher can’t be used against any flight/accommodation only booking
- Prize can be redeemed by calling 01422 847847, by emailing email@example.com
or by visiting us at 7-9 Bridge End, Mytholmroyd, West Yorkshire, HX7 5DR.